Reporting unwanted content

Covering eyes
  • Criminal images can be reported to the Internet Watch Foundation Reporting to the IWF is confidential and can be done anonymously. The IWF deals with:
    • child sexual abuse images hosted anywhere in the world
    • criminally obscene adult content hosted in the UK
    • non-photographic child sexual abuse images or videos hosted in the UK i.e. computer-generated or cartoon imagery
  • If your child has been inappropriately contacted by an adult online – e.g. sexual chat, being asked to do something that makes them feel uncomfortable or wanting to meet offline – you should report it to CEOP
  • ParentPort brings together all of the media regulators and allows you to make complaints about online content
  • You can also report to content providers and ask them to remove hateful or overly sexualised content.  Be prepared to quote back terms and conditions to get content removed
  • The Information Commissioner’s website offers advice and support
  • True Vision is a police-funded site that provides info about hate crime. You can report all forms of hate crime there: homophobic, transphobic, race, religious
  • Use flagging and reporting tools on websites
Creative Commons license: 
All rights reserved.